Well with Memorial Day coming up which means another day off for me. I wanted to know if people would be interested in maybe not doing an Monster of a game, but instead doing something like a capture the relic type match. I was thinking like 2k each person and have anywhere between 4 to 6 players play. We could also maybe look at doing something like 1000 points and try and fit in two games or something. Let me know if you would be interested.
Memorial day is the traditional opening of the beach house weekend for our family, but one day to gaming and another to the beach should work. Count me in in principle, but I'll have to see when and if the rest of the family is coming.
Post by thatoneguy on May 16, 2014 19:36:58 GMT -5
Hey guys, Evan here, I need to let you know that I might be a little late to the game if we are doing it at the usual time of 11, I might be there around 11:30ish, but most likely not, just a possible situation
We did play on the 17th. Thanks Evan for a fun game. So now for the Memorial Day fun. Monday the 26th it sounds like we will have 5 people potential at this point. With that being said I was thinking we do the following:
1) Battlefield - Should we do what we did last time and have someone else build the map. This time we should give a little direction about lots of terrain and cover expecially in the middle. Or should we just spend the first 20 to 30 minutes that morning setting up the map? I personnally like the coming together as a group method, but definately am up to hearing input.
2) As this will be a free for all battle where no one is allies with each other we should look at doing smaller armies. I was thinking 1000 to 1500. This way our turns go quicker and the overall match will be faster.
3) Since this is a capture the flag (relic) scenario I would suggest we do away with the org structure at this point (Don't have 7th edition yet, so can't tell you how that would play out) with the concept that Troops are the only ones able to run with the relic, but any unit may secure it. Basically in this type of scenario you want to control the relic at the end of turn 6. However troops are the only ones that can run with it. So you don't need to take troops, but then you have to defend the flag where it stands instead of able to move it away from its location.
4) I would say to make the game go by quick we stay with 6th edition rules. I know 7th will be out by then, but rather than slow everything down trying to figure out the new rules we stay with something we all know. This way we may potentially get 2 games in expecially if we push ourselves. I am fine either way, but this would just work out the best.
5) I personnally think it would be fun to play with Mysterious Terrain. Making this a capture the relic in an unknown world type mission. This sounds fun to me, but want to know what you all think about it.
6) Table areas of deployment will need to be figured out once we have determined how many people will be there.
Lastly just to let everyone know. I found it impossible to upload the pictures to the forums here. However I have uploaded them to my facebook page. If you want to see them just shoot me over a friend request. I will do the same for Memorial Day battles. Any other thinkgs that I missed let me know.
I am available on memorisl day. The format looks interesting, but I am at the point where I am most interested in trying more small games if possible. I personally would be most interested in a small round robin format, but I will go with the consensus.
I am game for whatever as well if others have something else they want to play. In the end I just really want to play 40k more. So reply with what type of format you would like and I will discuss with Adam and Jay as well.